Saturday, May 19, 2007

Driven to the point of Madness in Dell Hell

Well, I have been driven to the point of madness these past few weeks, I offered to contact Dell Computers to trace some problems with my daughter's computer and man oh man, has that opened up a can of worms.

Her computer is an out of warranty Inspiron 9100, turns out it is referred to as an Edsel and it is one of many turkeys in the Inspiron Line, many of which are the target of class action law suits in both Canada and the USA. Among them are the Inspiron 1100, 1150, 5100, 5150 and 5160 and under consideration are actions including the Inspiron 500M, 600M, 2200, 5000, 8000, 8500, 8600, 9100, and XPS.

If you currently own any of the models involved in the proposed or actual suits, you should be contacting the law firms involved. In Canada you should contact Rochon Genova LLP.

I can really only speak on the 9100 from personal experience but I am so pissed at Dell that I am prepared to be the next Jeff Jarvis type thorn in Dell's side! I am not sure if Jeff has retired from his crusade entirely or what, I am, as you will see below, new to all this! Jeff, if I am ever so widely read that you see this stuff, sorry for stealing the "dellhell" thing, but nothing says it better!

I will just hang this out there in blog land and see what happens, although I am a published author and journalist, I tend to ponder over my work for months and years, rather than try to come up with stuff "on the spot" so to speak.

As I warm to the subject I will try to find my "voice" in this new world! And for the Dell supporters out there, I know Dell is making huge efforts but it is still so far from what needs to be done as to be sad. My own experiences and those of others as recent as this past week, bear this out. I will post some of them here in coming days.

regards, duff

No comments: